2. It makes you part of a worldwide community
3. The opportunity to help neighbors by providing public service and emergency communications
4. Some of the nicest people you'll ever meet
5. Some of the smartest people you'll ever meet
6. Some of the most interesting people you'll ever meet
7. Some of the most generous people you'll ever meet (along with some of the cheapest!)
8. Lifelong friendships
9. Friends around the world (including those you haven't met yet)
10. The opportunity to go interesting places you might not otherwise go to
Here are some thoughts and pictures from our visit to Ham-Com 2015 in Irving, TX.
Ron and I left the Kansas City, MO area on Thursday morning and it was 80+ degrees. When we got to TX it was 90+ degrees, so summer is officially here.
Driving from MO to TX without the radio on leaves for a lot of random conversation, good, but random. Ron and I discussed our thoughts and expectations for Ham-Com. We expected to have a good booth location, plenty of foot traffic, and generate a positive buzz surrounding BridgeCom Systems and our products. We packed with us three repeaters (BCR-50V, BCR-220, BCR-40U), the new BCM-220 mobile, and our MV-DMR server in a 2U chassis, plus the assorted banners and spec sheets.
We arrived in TX about 3:30p Thursday and went straight to the Irving Convention Center to unload and set up. The people of TX are very nice, lots of yes sir, no sir. We got set up pretty quickly, we like to keep the booth small with just a few products and brochures. I'm not a fan of the table across the entire front of the booth, but it seemed to work well this time giving us some shelter from the masses. However, I should have put the banners out front on the corners where people could have seen them better.
ROIP Radio over Internet Protocol (RoIP) is a two-way communication method which involves trans-reception of radio communication signals over internet protocol (IP). Cost effective and power efficient, RoIP essentially leverages the same communication principles as that of VoIP but requires...